Saturday 20 July 2013

Bee Day Cake


I've been super lazy lately and have lots of cake to blog, first up is this very special bee day cake. Early this year I was contacted by my friend to do a cake her son's birthday party in June, talk about super organise mum.

After discussing on what design we should go with, she sent me an image of a beautiful cake by sugar sweet cakes and treats as reference. I'm a huge fan of Sugar Sweet, as a matter a fact I did my Chanel cake following her step-by-step tutorial.


As the picture my friend sent me was a baby shower cake with pram and baby, she requested me to change it into giant bee and little boy instead as the little boy was turning three.

This cake is a delight to work with even though I must admit making the giant bumble bee is quite a challenge. I had to do second take to get the bee right, and at the end I'm quite happy with how things turned out.



The party was at this beautiful boutique party venue called 'Petit Atelier' in the middle of posh suburb, Malvern. They hosted crafting party and catered for kids as young as 3 year old, that day we did a bee paper macche using tissue paper and every kids got their art to bring home.


This super organize and talented mum has prepare a beautiful dessert table full of lovely sweets to have and to take home. They have this lovely dessert table setting that you can utilize and the spread looks absolutely amazing.


My cake took the center stage and it didn't disappoint, my friend was very happy with how it turned out and I am too. We had so much fun at the party and brought home lots of sweets. It was a well done job by the mother and I pinched list of her vendors as below.

Bee Birthday cake: Bakerz Dad
Cupcakes, macaroons, cookies:
Aji bakes, and cooks too
Cookies:
Dessert Menu, PleaseOreo Bee Pop Cakes Alfani Cahya,
Swizzle sticks/rock candy & Lollipops:
Little Big Company.
Printables:
Anders Ruff Custom Designs 

Backdrop design: Ham&Pea design&paperie 
Backdrop printing: Buggyboo 
Pom poms: Ah - Tissue


Thanks for checking on my blog, I know it's been a while. I hope the lazy bug won't bite me again as I have a few cakes that I need to post. Cheers.




0 comments:

Post a Comment