Saturday 30 March 2013

Hoot and Hootabelle Cake


If you have kids in Australia, these characters are unavoidable as part of daily routine for your toddler is watching ABC for kids which Hoot and Hootabelle along with Jimmy Giggle are hosting. This is my first cake with these characters but I can feel this theme is quite popular among children and I might do this a lot in the future.


A good friend of mine asked me to do a Hoot and Hootabelle cake for her daughter's first birthday but she reminded me to use hootabelle's colur scheme rather than hoot because this is a cake for a little girl. First think I did id the figurines, since I experimented with stryrofoam in my robocake project I found that using styrofoam is time saver and help the figurine to shape better.

As for the all fondant figurine took a long long time to set and sometime I experience sagging especially on the head section, using styrofoam eliminate all the problem. For this project I used stryofoam for the bodies and heads of the figurines and it saved me quite amount of time. I guess styrofoam ball will be mynext best friend.


Along with the cake, my friend asked me to do some cookies as party favour with2 designs of Hoot and Hootabelle. These cookies took a long long time to make because all of the details, but I'm so happy with how it turned out.


My friend made a bunting for the cake and it really completed the look of the cake. I'm really happy with how everything turned out and I have to say even though we didn't communicate about the buntings it matched the color scheme perfectly.


I had so much fun doing this project even though there are moment when I'm a bit frustrated with the cookies like the stapler was out of staples in the middle of the night but all in all I really enjoy it.

Thanks for checking on my blog and I will update you with my next projects.




0 comments:

Post a Comment