Friday 29 March 2013

Teddy Bear Picnic Cake

This is another one of last minute cake, a friend's friend contacted me to do a cake for her son's birthday. After we settled on the size of the cake she sent me her sketch of how she wanted the cake to be and I returned with my suggestion.

This is the first time I've ever sketch a cake for a customer, I've done sketches before but it's more for my own design development.

This is the sketch that I did and I'm so happy that the cake turned out exactly like the sketch.

This cake is 2 tier chocolate cake and 1 tier red velvet cake (top tier), the design is inspired by the invitation and the mother specifically requested blue satin ribbon on the neck of teddy bear because they will have blue ribbon for the party as well.





I really enjoyed doing this cake and so happy how it turned out, even though I had a bit of a drama with figurine decided to jump off the cake on delivery. At the end i had to reassembled the teddy bear on the venue and then I fond out the effect of the figurine fell off the cake the top tier slanted at the back. I almost die there and then but the customer was so graceful about that and made sure that it's not a big problem, bless her good soul.

Thanks for checking my blog, I will update you with my next project. Cheers.




0 comments:

Post a Comment