Wednesday 27 June 2012

Domo Fashionista Cake

Out of the blue I received a message from a friend to make a birthday cake for his wife. Easy, she's a well known fashionista among our peer with extensive designers collection. And I know for sure her passion is designer bags, and things are started flooding my mind Chanel...Gucci....LV...Balenciaga the possibility is end less. Yet her husband requested something to do with Domo....what the heck is Domo? Or should I say who the heck is Domo?

So a few click later on the internet I found out that Domo is 'that' chocolate square monster with gigantic teeth that I saw nearly every week, last time I remembered was in a form of back pack carried by a teenager with Beiber haircut in the city. Turned out Domo is the official mascot of Japan's NHK television station. 

Well my friend wanted a Domo theme I understand, so I pitched in the idea to add some designer bags and he agreed. So I decided that this particular Domo will have to carry designers bag and surrounded by girly things. To accompanied this fashionista Domo I replicate LV Alma BB which my friend's wife actually has in real life, it is to be wear cross body by lovely fashionista Domo.


I added more bags and shopping bags in tune with fashionista theme, and a tiffany & co. box what kind of girl wouldn't love tiffany's jewelry? The cake is Lapis Surabaya covered with butter cream then fondant. I made quilted marks on the cake to make it more glamorous and I think it did the trick.

This cake was a really fun to make, and mashing between Domo and fashion theme proven to be a brilliant idea. I love doing this cake and hoping that this fabulous couple enjoy it as much as I do. Here are some more pictures.
Side view

Side View

View from the top

Thanks for checking my blog, I will update you with my next project. Cheers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment