Friday 27 July 2012

Golf Cake


Golf themed cake that we made for a friend, designed was supplied by our friend. The first attempt to do cake with white chocolate ganache instead of butter cream and I love it. The design is quite simple and not taking much time.


The only thing that's a little bit unusual is the giant half golf ball on top. Initially was thinking to use polystyrene ball, cut it in half and cover it with fondant. Or make a half ball Rice Krispie treat and cover it with fondant...but since I have been lazy lately I just made it out of white fondant, I think I used at least 300 grams of fondant for the golf ball alone hehehehe. Wel at the end of the day it's the quickest and most economic (according to me).

 
I put number 29 on one of the flag as the birthday boy is turning 29. As this is a friend's order for her friend that we don't know I guess the reason on the golf theme is because he's a golf enthusiast.


I just need to take you around the cake as the decoration is all around the cake.

Another corner of the cake

View from the top

This cake is quite simple in term of design yet it looks really nice. Thanks for checking, I will update you with my next project.


0 comments:

Post a Comment