Wednesday 17 April 2013

Giant Rose Anniversary Cake


This cake is for charity that I did for my community. One of the community couple celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary and other members commissioned me to do a cake with Chinese theme.



I know this is not the best interpretation on Chinese theme but I used the colors red and gold. At first I was planning to dusk the red rose petals with gold lustre dusk. However things didn't go as plan because I experimented with new brand of fondant, red color fondant, eve though I saved a lot of time by buying ready made red fondant but this brand won't set regardless how many tylose I put in to it.

It's kinda a curse and blessing at the same time, curse because the petals keep falling off and blessing because the petals are still soft enough to manipulate when I placed them together.





At the end I wished I add double happiness cake topper on top of it as it didn't turn out Chinese enough hehehehehe. But with my red fondant refusing to set it's a bit impossible to make one out of fondant. Honestly it's been a while since I wanted to try this giant rose design, I'm quite happy with how it turned out but still think if the cake is taller than 2 tier it will be more dramatic.

Thanks for checking my blog, I will update you with my next project.



0 comments:

Post a Comment